Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lots to Share!


Sorry I have been neglecting my blog.....but you will be happy to know lots has been happening on the weekends.

The Pritchards, family friends, ventured down to Italy from Zurich and I met up with them. I took the train from Padova to Milan and then took a short train to Lake Como where we met. It was great getting to see them, sort of like a breath of fresh air. The city of Como was beyond beautiful. Everything is surrounded by the lake. We took a trip near the coast to the town of Bellagio. We ate lunch near the water and walked around. I found a partner in crime who loves gelato as much as I do, Audrey, and we had it 3 times in one day!



Last weekend, we went to Bergamo for a birthday party. It was fun to see the family again. The house was beautiful and was up on a hill over looking the city. The brother of Gianmarco, Fabio, grows fruits and vegetables. We picked raspberries and blue berries to take back home.







On Sunday, we went to the town of Monza, which is about 15 minutes away from Milan to a local Formal 1 race. Gianmarco's brother has a friend that is a driver and got us passes. We were able to go where the race cars are stored and near the pit stops. The driver that we met was competing in the Porsche race. We decided to get seats near a double turn because there is guaranteed to be some kind of action. And indeed there was! It was the first lap and when the guy we knew was making the turn, he got hit! But luckily he was able to keep going for 10 or so laps but finally had to call it quits because of the previous crash and the debris that was getting into his car.



I only have 2 more days with the family and then Taylor arrives on Saturday. We are going to be in Venice, Florence, Capri and then Rome. We fly home July 9 out of Rome.

I will take lots of pictures and do a re-cap once I get back home.

Can't wait to see everyone and be back home!!

1 comment:

  1. So you are already back??!! I loved looking over your trip blog. What a wonderful experience--and the Pritchards came over too. Cool. You did a great job on your blog~!!! Need to have a "Chandone" dinner soon. I need to give Arthur his grad gift. I was in Colorado last week. All is good with us.

    Love you honey ! Ruth

    ReplyDelete